Philip W. Ganong, Esq. Protecting Clients for Over Four Decades
Philip W. Ganong earned his J.D. from Hastings more than 40 years ago. Since then, he has dedicated his practice to representing plaintiffs in civil jury trial work and litigation in Bakersfield, CA, and throughout California. To talk to him about your case, request your free consultation online or call us at (661) 327-3337.
A Wide Range of Practice Areas
Bakersfield, CA, attorney Phil Ganong has handled and tried numerous cases to verdict in both federal and state trial courts.
These have included:
- Personal injury, including motor vehicle accidents and truck accidents, aviation, premises liability, product liability, and industrial, oilfield and construction accidents
- Wrongful deaths
- Wrongful terminations
- Age discrimination
- Employment and political retaliation, particularly Labor Code Section 1102.5
- Professional negligence
- Design defect and government tort liability
- Railroad worker injuries, FELA
- Contract enforcement, including breach of contract, punitive damages, and fraud
- NLRB and administrative hearings
- Wage and hour class action litigation
- Oil and gas, including lease termination and operating agreement breaches
- Public labor law, including civil service hearings and superior court actions on behalf of the Deputy Sheriffs Labor Organization (KELA) and against the County Sheriffs Department and the County of Kern
- Civil rights violations by government
Respected Among His Clients and Peers
Bakersfield, CA, clients find Phil Ganong compassionate and patient. He takes the time to explain each step and truly involves them in their own case.
Other attorneys – even opponents – find him to be a gentleman and an astute reader of the law leading to well thought-out strategies that often earn his clients multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements.
Phil Ganong’s largest verdict, Ledesma v. State of California, was tried in San Bernardino County Superior State Court. Defended and affirmed on appeal, clients were awarded almost $13 million.
Phil Ganong topped off the $13 million with an additional $1 million in interest from the California Department of Transportation on appeal.
Attorneys from throughout California and former clients are quick to refer people who have been wrongfully injured either personally or in business to Phil Ganong. It is likely that you will find him in court in Los Angeles or Bakersfield on one day and in a mediation in Fresno, San Diego, Sacramento or Orange County the next day.
An active member of numerous bar associations, Phil Ganong has been recognized by other attorneys for his work. He has been named to both Best Lawyers of America and to Southern California Super Lawyers.
Though Phil Ganong cannot take every potential client who comes to him, he makes every effort to speak to each person who contacts him. If he can’t take a case, he will refer, as appropriate, a potential client to another attorney whom he trusts.
Get In Touch Today
Philip Ganong, Esq.
Phone (661) 327-3337
The Firm's Mission
"Our job is to investigate the nature of your injury: how it occurred, how it affects you physically and mentally, and how much care you will need now and in the future. We do not settle cases where we don't understand the extent of your injury, and we do not settle for less than your case is worth." Mr. Ganong
Background and Education
- Southern California Super Lawyers, 2012
- Best Lawyers of America, 2012
- Pensinger v. Bowsmith (1998) 60 Cal. App. 4th 709 (disability discrimination)
- American International Underwriters Agency Corp. v. Superior Court (1998) 208 Cal. App. 3d 1357 (bad faith)
Courts, Admitted to Practice in:
- All California state courts United States District Court of California, Northern, Eastern, Central, and Southern districts
- United States District Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States Tax Court
- California State Bar
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Sustaining Member Board of Governors, various years; Parliamentarian (2003 – 2004)
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego
- Kern County Bar Association, member President (1997 – 1998)
- Maximilian Universität, 1973 Munich, Germany
- Independent Study, Comparative Political Systems, California State University at Bakersfield
- University of California at Berkeley, B.A. summa cum laude, 1976 International Economics
- University of California, Hastings College of Law, J.D., 1979
Trusted by Previous Clients
"Phil helped me when no one else would. Everything he said he’d do, he did. He went to bat for me against some heavy-hitting lawyers and got the job done. He’s a real honest lawyer." Corey McClendon