Motor Vehicle Accidents: We Help Victims Recover Full, Fair Compensation
The motor vehicle accident attorneys at Ganong Law in Bakersfield, CA, are highly experienced at assisting people who have suffered serious motor vehicle accidents recover their lives.
We handle serious motor vehicle accidents that involve:
- Shuttle buses
- Uninsured Motorist
To speak to an attorney about your case, contact Ganong Law online or call us at (661) 327-3337 for a free consultation.
Motor Vehicle Accident Lawsuits Are Complicated
If you want to get the best possible results in your motor vehicle accident, you must have a motor vehicle attorney who is experienced in motor vehicle accident law.
Determining who is to blame – or who is liable – can be complex. California has comparative negligence laws. This means that more than one person or entity can be responsible for your motor vehicle accident. But the insurance defense attorney will blame you!
Persons or entities that could be all or partially responsible for your accident could include:
- The other driver(s)
- The city, county, state, or federal government who designed, built, or maintains the road, signage, or lighting
- The manufacturer of the motor vehicles
- The seller of the motor vehicles
- The owner of the motor vehicles
- The tire manufacturer or other product manufacturer
An Example of Comparative Negligence
If you rear-end a car in front of you, you could be found, for example, 100 percent responsible for the motor vehicle accident. But if the brakes in your car were not installed properly by the manufacturer, the company might be considered 90 percent responsible for the accident. In this situation, the manufacturer would be responsible for 90 percent of the damages.
As you can see, the better understanding a motor vehicle attorney has of the engineering of the motor vehicle, the physics of roads, and the law, the better your results will be. A Ganong Law motor vehicle accident attorney is experienced in these matters.
Insurance Companies Are Not In Business To Protect You
Insurance companies are a business. Their priority is to make money to pay their shareholders. Insurance companies routinely pay as little as possible on claims because they are worried about protecting their bottom line – not yours.
Never accept money from an insurance company without speaking to your motor vehicle accident attorney first. Chances are that the insurance company is trying to “lowball” you with the hope you will go away.
In a “fender bender” compensation may not be as big an issue to your future as it is in a serious motor vehicle accident. In a serious motor vehicle accident you may need compensation to reimburse you for:
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Replacing your car
- Lost wages and benefits
- Replacing your car or other property
The Cost of a Motor Vehicle Attorney
Ganong Law motor vehicle accident attorneys work on contingency basis at our Bakersfield firm. This means that you pay nothing until your case is resolved in your favor.
Schedule a Free Consultation
We offer free, no-obligation consultations for motor vehicle accident victims. Simply call our Bakersfield office at (661) 327-3337.
The Clock Is Ticking On Your Case
It is important to contact a Ganong Law motor vehicle accident attorney at our Bakersfield, CA, law firm as soon as possible.
Valuable evidence in your case may disappear or become destroyed if you wait too long to contact a motor vehicle accident attorney. Similarly, witnesses may forget what happened, move away, or even die as time passes.
There also are statutes of limitations (deadlines) that must be met in a motor vehicle accident lawsuit. If you miss a deadline, you give up your rights forever to take legal action.
Never give any insurance company (whether your own or someone else’s) any information whatsoever. Be assured, the insurance company will use your statements against you.
What to Do After an Accident
Insurance Company Do's-And-Don'ts
If someone else’s insurance company contacts you, find out:
- The insured party’s name, insurance company’s name and address.
- The representative’s name and phone number.
- If possible, the amount of money available to pay for medical and repair costs. (Most insurance companies will not tell you this information, but your motor vehicle accident attorney can get this information from them.)
- The claim number.
What’s more important, however, is what you should NOT do. Never give any insurance company (whether your own or someone else’s) any information whatsoever.
- Don’t talk about who is responsible, and NEVER ADMIT GUILT, regardless of the situation.
- Don’t talk about your injuries or damages or post any information online.
- Don’t give an insurance company any pictures or let them take any pictures or video of you, your loved ones, or your property.
- Don’t let the insurance company record or interview you.
- REFUSE to talk to the insurance company. The ONLY THING you should give them or say is the contact information for your motor vehicle accident attorney.
Be assured, the insurance company will use your statements against you.
Tell the insurance company to talk to your motor vehicle accident attorney. Then, call your motor vehicle accident attorney right away to report the conversation.
Get a Free Consultation
If you want to know your legal options, contact a motor vehicle accident attorney at the Ganong Law in Bakersfield, CA, for a free, no-obligation consultation.
Ganong Law motor vehicle accident attorneys only takes select motor vehicle accident cases. If we can not take your case, we will refer you to a qualified and respected attorney who handles cases such as yours.